Many families enjoy interior painting now and then. A fresh coat of latex paint can brighten up a kitchen or reflect a growing child’s changing tastes. It’s an easy and relatively inexpensive DIY project that can get everyone involved. But no matter how carefully you tape, it can be virtually impossible to avoid getting wall paint onto the wood trim. Paint removal from wood can be a challenge, but Tub O’ Towels is up to the task. Our heavy duty wipes make an excellent latex paint remover.
How to Remove Latex Paint from Wood Trim (The Hard Way)
Latex paint is not as difficult to remove as oil-based paint, but it can still be a pain. If you want to remove paint drips from trim using the traditional method, here are the steps:
- Use a damp, lightly soapy rag to scrub off as much paint as possible while it is still wet.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Wait until the wall has dried for at least 72 hours, and then tape off the wall around the trim with painter’s tape. Do not use masking tape or duct tape, which will pull the paint off the wall.
- Use a metal putty knife to gently loosen dried clumps.
- With your fingers, pick and peel off remaining bits of paint.
- Dampen a rag with denatured alcohol.
- Use the rag to scrub away paint that has settled in grooves, cracks, or depressions.
- Allow the alcohol to evaporate for several hours.
- If the wood trim was previously painted, this process will remove some of that layer of paint. Carefully repaint the trim.
- Wait 72 hours before removing the tape from the wall.
How to Get Paint Off Woodwork (The Easy Way)
The traditional method for removing paint from woodwork will eventually work, but it takes a lot of time and elbow grease. That’s what truly sets Tub O’ Towels apart. Thanks to our special Bond Buster™ technology, here’s how to clean paint off wood with virtually no scrubbing.
- Grab a Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipe.
- Wipe over the paint spots, allowing the solution to gently lift the paint away from the trim.
- Use a second wipe if needed until the woodwork is perfectly clean.
- If the trim was previously painted, tape off the wall and repaint it.
- Wait 72 hours and remove the tape from the wall.
About Tub O’ Towels
Are Tub O’ Towels products really any different than other cleaning wipes? Here are four major keys that set ours apart:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: Our wipes contain an innovative new additive that breaks the bonds between surfaces and stains at the molecular level. That’s why tough scrubbing is not necessary.
- No Harsh Chemicals: Our bond busting additive also means that our wipes do not use harsh, eco-damaging chemicals. Our gentle, biodegradable blend of foaming agents, detergents, and emulsifiers simply lifts away even tough paint stains.
- More Durable Wipes: Our heavy duty wipes are designed to stand up to stubborn messes rather than falling apart. Each oversized, quilted, textured, poly-blend wipe is evenly saturated with our proprietary cleaning solution.
- VaporLockTM Technology: VaporLockTM technology ensures that our canisters seal tightly, preventing the cleaning solution from evaporating during storage. Whenever you need a Tub O’ Towels wipe, it will be ready to assist.
Time for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
Isn’t it time to get rid of harsh chemicals and endless scrubbing? Why not try Tub O’ Towels today? Look for our wipes on our website or in your favorite top retailers. We look forward to showing you why ours are the best cleaning wipes on the market!