How to Remove Pet Stains from Carpet, Hardwood & More
Pets can be adorable, cuddly and great companions. They can also be messy. Even the best trained dogs and cats can have accidents or decide they prefer carpet or hardwood floors to the great outdoors or their litter box. Pet stains are definitely not adorable. How can you remove pet stains from carpet and hardwood floors? Or other surfaces? Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes take the bite out of pet urine and other stains.
The Harder Way to Remove Pet Stains
There are many chemical-based commercial products out there that can be used as pet urine cleaners and stain removers, as well as a wide variety of home remedies you can find online using items like dish soap, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar and baking soda. Following are some suggestions and one common home remedy to get pee out of carpet. Use an absorbent rag or paper towel to soak up as much of the mess as possible. Don’t scrub the stain vigorously. Instead, blot it using an absorbent cloth. Whatever you use to remove the pet stain, use as little as possible because chemical residue can attract more dirt in the future.
- Mix together 4 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide, 2 tablespoons lukewarm water and a couple of drops of dish soap in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture evenly over the stain.
- Agitate the stain a bit with your fingers.
- Let it work for 10 minutes..
- Blot with a white towel.
- If the stain remains, spray it again and lay down a white towel and place something heavy on top of it.
- Allow it to sit for a couple hours and then remove the towel.
- Rinse with cool water.
The Easier Way to Remove Pet Stains
If you try the method above or another home remedy to get pet stains out of carpet or wood floors, you’ll be in store for a lot of work. If you try a commercial cleaner, it might not be as much work, but you’ll be putting harsh chemicals on your floor. That’s where Tub O’ Towels stand apart. Our wipes contain our special Bond Buster™ technology, making it easier to clean up even set in urine stains:
- If the stain is still wet, blot it (for carpet) or wipe it (hardwood and other surfaces) with an absorbent rag or paper towel to absorb excess liquid.
- Grab a canister of Tub O’ Towels wipes.
- Gently wipe the residue/adhesive.
- Test wipe an inconspicuous spot on the carpet or hardwood.
- Gently blot the pet stain, allowing the solution to lift and remove the urine from the carpet. Or, wipe the hardwood.
- Use additional wipes as need until all traces of stain are gone.
About Tub O’ Towels
So what makes Tub O’ Towels the best cleaner for pet stains? Here are some of the keys:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: Tub O’ Towels wipes have an innovative additive that disintegrates the molecular bond between the pet stain and the surface, which is why there are so few steps needed.
- Gentle Cleaning Agents: With our bond busting additive, there’s no need for harsh, eco-unfriendly chemicals. In their place is a mild mix of emulsifiers, detergents and foaming agents that lift away even the toughest pet stains.
- Built to Last: Send pet stains to the doghouse with these oversized wipes that are designed to be durable to take on the biggest messes. Each wipe is made of a textured, quilted, poly-blend material evenly saturated with our cleaning solution to deliver maximum cleaning power.
- VaporLock Technology:Tub O’ Towels canisters use VaporLock technology to prevent evaporation so wipes are ready to use at any moment.
Try a Great Cleaning Wipe?
If you’re looking for an easier way to remove pet stains from carpet, hardwood and more, try Tub O’ Towels today. You can order them on our website or at top retailers, and you’ll soon find out why Tub O’ Towels are the best cleaning wipe on the market.