How to Get Marker off Dry Erase Board
Whether you’re diagramming quantum physics, brainstorming with a group or just playing a game of tic tac toe, there’s nothing quite like a crystal clean white board to make your ideas come to life. You simply write, erase and repeat.
But what happens when erasing doesn’t quite work? After a while, dry erase markers can leave semi-permanent stains. Or, there’s the mishap where someone thought they were using a dry erase marker but it was really a permanent marker. Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes are made to stand up to all kinds of messes and stains, and are the quick answer when you need to know how to get marker off a dry erase board.
The Harder Way to Get Marker off Dry Erase Board
So, you need to get marker off of a dry erase board. You’ll find a number of suggestions online, a few of which are highlighted below. Just be sure to select a method that won’t damage the dry erase board.
- To remove permanent marker from a dry erase board, use a dry erase marker to completely cover the permanent ink. Wait 10 minutes and then use the whiteboard eraser or a clean rag to wipe it. Repeat if necessary.
- Pour a small amount of hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol or non-acetone nail polish remover onto a clean, soft rag or paper towel to wipe away the ink. Then, wet a clean rag or paper towel with water and wipe the board to remove any remains of the cleaning product so it doesn’t interfere with the marker during the next use. (NOTE: these options could damage your board and cause further issues)
- Use a pencil eraser to rub the mark. Only try this if the other methods don't work, because scrubbing the board with the eraser could potentially damage the surface.
The Easier Way to Get Marker off Dry Erase Board
Tub O’ Towels wipes contain our special Bond Buster™ technology, which does the work for you, making it easy to quickly wipe away marker without damaging the dry erase board. Here’s how:
- Pull out a Tub O’ Towels wipe.
- Wipe over the marker.
- If marker residue still remains, use a second wipe until your board is completely clean.
About Tub O’ Towels
Getting marker off of a dry erase board has never been easier with the cleaning power of Tub O’ Towels heavy duty cleaning wipes. Here’s what sets our wipes apart:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: This advanced additive actually breaks the molecular bond between the marker and surface of the board, so you can easily wipe away even permanent marker.
- Gentle Cleaning Agents: With our bond busting additive, there’s no need for damaging chemicals. Our gentle, eco-friendly combination of emulsifiers, detergents and foaming agents simply lift away stubborn ink.
- A Clean Slate: Tub O’ Towels wipes are built for durability to last throughout any cleaning job without falling apart. A textured, quilted design keeps each wipe evenly soaked in cleaning solution.
- VaporLock Technology: The canister stays sealed with VaporLock technology to prevent evaporation during storage so can count on each wipe to be ready every time.
Ready for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
See for yourself how easy it can be to remove permanent marker from dry erase board and leftover dry erase marker, and why Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes are the best cleaning wipes you can buy. They’re available on our website or at leading retailers.