If you’re a biker, you already know that cleaning a motorcycle is not half as fun as riding one, but it absolutely must be done on a regular basis. Bikes pick up a lot of road grime, and cleaning it off can be a challenge. Fortunately, Tub O’ Towels is here to help. Our heavy duty wipes are designed to take on even the toughest motorcycle cleaning challenges.
How to Clean a Motorcycle (The Hard Way)
Cleaning a motorcycle traditionally requires quite a few products, and you must be careful not to get a product designed for one component of the bike onto any of its other parts. Here are the steps:
- Remove all accessories that can’t get wet.
- Assemble a collection of different cleaning products including liquid detergent, WD-40, tire cleaner, engine cleaner, paint polish, metal polish, bug and tar remover, a toothbrush, steel wool, multiple sponges, and different rags of various abrasiveness.
- Use a pressure cleaner to remove caked-on grime, but keep the water stream far away from electronics, vinyl seats, brakes, and all instruments. If you pressure wash the chain, remember to re-lubricate it afterwards.
- Wash each part of the bike independently with its designated product. Be sure to use separate sponges and rags for each component to avoid cross-contamination. Rinse thoroughly, but use minimal water to avoid spotting or damage.
- Use a toothbrush to clean out all crevices.
- Clean out baked-on grease and grime from the exhaust pipes with steel wool.
- Carefully dry the entire bike with a microfiber cloth.
- Polish the paint and chrome to make it shine.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to carefully go over every inch of the motorcycle, ensuring that you did not miss any spots.
- Wax the bike if desired.
- Re-lubricate all components as needed.
- Take a ride, slowly at first and then faster, to ensure that no water remains.
Cleaning a Motorcycle (The Easy Way)
Although the tried and true method above will eventually lead to a shiny, clean bike, it is extremely labor intensive. It also requires a huge investment in different cleaning products, many of which are caustic to the skin. Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes provide a simpler, more eco-friendly solution. They also include skin protectors such as Vitamin E, aloe, and lanolin.
- Grab a canister of heavy duty Tub O’ Towels wipes.
- Wipe down the motorcycle carefully, section by section, from the windshield to the chain.
- Use additional wipes as needed until the entire bike is clean and shiny.
- Polish and wax if desired.
About Tub O’ Towels
What makes Tub O’ Towels so much better than its competitors? Here a few highlights:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: Our wipes feature an innovative additive that actually dissolves the molecular bond between a surface and a stain. This makes backbreaking scrubbing a thing of the past!
- No Harsh Chemicals: With our bond busting additive, there is no need for skin-damaging, environmentally unfriendly chemicals. Our gentle, biodegradable blend of detergents, emulsifiers, and foaming agents lifts away even tough stains.
- More Durable Wipes: Our oversized wipes are specially designed to stand up to even the heaviest messes. Made from a quilted, poly-blend material, each wipe is evenly saturated with our proprietary cleaning solution.
- VaporLock Technology: Our canisters rely on VaporLock technology to prevent evaporation between uses. Whenever you need a Tub O’ Towels wipe, it will be ready to use.
It’s Time for a Better Cleaning Wipe!
Are you tired of dangerous chemicals and endless scrubbing? Why not try Tub O’ Towels Heavy Duty Cleaning Wipes today? We look forward to showing you why our wipes are the best of all!
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.