A notoriously thick and sticky black substance, tar is used in road paving. If you step in it or get it on your hands, it can be extremely hard to remove. Fortunately, Tub O’ Towels is up to the challenge. Our heavy duty cleaning wipes are engineered to remove even the stickiest tar and are packed with ingredients to leave your skin soft and fresh.
Remember that tar can burn, so the first step should always be to cool the skin. Run cold but not icy water over the tar for 20 minutes, then remove jewelry from the affected area and let it finish cooling before tackling the stain. Seek medical attention if you have any signs of burns. Once it’s cooled, here’s how to remove tar from your hands or feet.
How to Clean Tar from Skin (The Hard Way)
Common remedies for removing tar focus on using a thick cream to soften it. Mayonnaise, medicated creams such as Neosporin, baby oil, butter, and petroleum jelly are among the most common recommendations. If you want to try one of these, here are the steps:
- Apply a thick layer of the product to the tar.
- Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use your fingers to gently peel off as much of the softened tar as possible.
- Mix up a mild soap and water solution.
- Use a washcloth or soft brush to thoroughly wash the affected area with the soap solution.
- Repeat as necessary until most of the tar is gone.
- Mix a baking soda paste or select a commercial exfoliant.
- Gently scrub your skin with the exfoliant, adding more product as needed until all traces of the tar are gone.
- Thoroughly wash the affected area with soap and water.
- Apply a bandage if needed to any raw or tender spots.
Tar Removal from Skin (The Easy Way)
All of the traditional methods for removing tar from skin require a great deal of time and effort and can leave your skin feeling raw. Tub O’ Towels wipes contain our special Bond Buster™ technology, which allows you to wipe away even sticky tar with little scrubbing. In addition, our heavy duty wipes are packed with skin softeners such as aloe, lanolin, and Vitamin E, ensuring that your skin is left clean and fresh.
- Grab a Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipe.
- Wipe away the tar, allowing our cleaning solution to lift it off your skin.
- Use additional wipes as needed until all of the tar is gone and your skin is soft and clean.
About Tub O’ Towels
So why are Tub O’ Towels wipes so much different from the rest? Here are the four major areas that set our wipes apart:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: All Tub O’ Towels products feature a revolutionary additive that breaks the bonds between the stain and the surface at the molecular level. That’s why painful scrubbing is not needed.
- No Harsh Chemicals: Our bond buster also allows us to say goodbye to harsh, damaging, skin-drying chemicals. Our biodegradable mix of gentle detergents, emulsifiers, and foaming agents will lift away even tough tar stains, while our skin softeners leave the affected area feeling refreshed.
- More Durable Wipes: Carefully crafted to stand up to even the stickiest tar, each oversized wipe is evenly coated in our proprietary cleaning solution, and is made from a textured, quilted, poly-blend material that will not simply dissolve.
- VaporLockTM Technology: We use VaporLockTM technology to seal our canisters, which means that the cleaning solution will not evaporate between uses. From the first wipe to the last, you can count on Tub O’ Towels.
Time for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
Are you ready to kick tough scrubbing and skin-drying chemicals to the curb? Give Tub O’ Towels Heavy Duty Cleaning Wipes a try. We look forward to showing you why our wipes are the best of all!
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.