Painting is an easy DIY home makeover project that can dramatically transform your living space. Everyone can get involved, from small kids to grandparents, creating fun family memories. Yet no matter how many precautions you take, odds are extremely high that someone will eventually drip paint on the carpet.
What gets paint out of carpet? Tub O’ Towels to the rescue! Whether you’re dealing with a few drops or a major spill, Tub O’ Towels is ready to help. Our carpet and upholstery wipes are designed to challenge even the toughest paint stains.
How to Get Paint Stains Out of Carpet (The Hard Way)
Before you can start working on the paint stains, you need to figure out which type of paint you were using. The method you use will vary according to the type of paint.
- Wet down an old rag that you no longer need.
- Dab the spot thoroughly with plain water until it is damp but not soaked.
- Add a tablespoon of laundry detergent to the rag and test wipe an inconspicuous area of the carpet.
- Use the detergent-soaked rag to blot the paint thoroughly to soften it.
- Put on a mask and open the windows for ventilation.
- Pour several drops of acetone onto the rag.
- Thoroughly wipe the stain with the rag to dislodge the majority of the paint.
- Spray the area with a commercial carpet cleaning product according to package instructions.
- Let the cleaner sit for at least five minutes.
- Use an old toothbrush to scrub the individual carpet fibers.
- Use a wet vac to vacuum up the cleaner and paint. Don’t use a standard dry vacuum, as it is not equipped for wet areas.
- Repeat as necessary until the entire paint stain is gone. Acrylic paint is tenacious, so it could take upwards of two hours to remove a larger spill.
- Use an old towel to blot up as much paint as possible, taking care not to scrub too hard, which could push paint deeper into the carpet.
- Mix up a solution of liquid dish soap and water.
- Use a clean white rag to gently scrub away the paint, starting at the outer edge of the stain and working inward.
- Use a wet vac to vacuum up the mess. Never use a dry vacuum on liquids.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 as needed until all of the paint is gone.
- Use a putty knife to pick up as much paint as possible, taking care to slide it underneath the paint and lift up and away from the carpet fibers. Dump each load of paint into an old container.
- Use a clean white rag to blot up as much remaining paint as possible, taking care not to push the paint deeper into the carpet.
- Put on a pair of gloves and ventilate the area.
- Pour several drops of turpentine onto the rag, and test wipe an inconspicuous spot on the carpet.
- Use the turpentine-soaked rag to gently rub away the rest of the paint.
- Mix a solution of dishwashing liquid and cold water.
- Dip a fresh white rag into the solution and gently scrub the entire area. Repeat as necessary until the stain is gone.
- Dry the area thoroughly with paper towels.
How to Get Spray Paint and Other Paint Stains Off Carpet (The Easy Way)
As you can see, traditional methods for removing paint are extremely time and labor-intensive. That’s what truly sets Tub O’ Towels apart. Our wipes contain our special Bond Buster™ technology, allowing you to wipe away even tough paint stains with little scrubbing.
- Grab a canister of Tub O’ Towels carpet and upholstery wipes.
- Test wipe an inconspicuous spot on the carpet.
- Gently wipe away the paint stain, allowing the solution to lift the paint out of the carpet.
- Use additional wipes as needed until all traces of paint are gone.
About Tub O’ Towels
So what makes Tub O’ Towels the best wipe on the market? There are four basic keys:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: Tub O’ Towels products contain a pioneering new additive that actually dissolves the bonds between surface and stain at the molecular level. That’s how we said goodbye to painful scrubbing.
- No Harsh Chemicals: Thanks to our bond busting additive, we also got rid of all harsh, eco-unfriendly chemicals. Our gentle mix of emulsifiers, detergents, and foaming agents simply lifts away even the toughest paint stains.
- More Durable Wipes: Engineered to stand up to even the biggest messes, each oversized, quilted, textured wipe is evenly coated in our cleaning solution and made from a poly-blend material that will not dissolve.
- VaporLockTM Technology: Our canisters are sealed with VaporLockTM technology, locking out air and locking in our cleaning solution. That means that from the first wipe to the last, you never have to worry about evaporation during storage.
Ready for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
Are you tired of dangerous chemicals and endless scrubbing? Why not try Tub O’ Towels Heavy Duty Cleaning Wipes today? We look forward to showing you why our wipes are the best of all!
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.