If your at-home salon includes at-home hair coloring, chances are you’ve had hair dye wind up in places other than just your hair. When you’re trying to figure out how to remove hair dye from skin or how to get hair dye off the counter or other surfaces, there’s a solution that doesn’t involve a lot of work. Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes are engineered to erase all signs of hair dye and even clean up many types of tough messes. Plus, they have ingredients to leave your hands soft and fresh.
The Harder Way to Get Hair Dye Off Skin
If washing the dye off with soap and water doesn’t work after it has begun to set, some suggested remedies to remove dye from hands and skin involve toothpaste with baking soda, nail polish remover, more hair dye, baby oil, cigarette ashes (gross!), and rubbing alcohol and soap. Here are some steps you can take using a few of these home remedies:
- Combine laundry detergent and baking soda in a 1:1 ratio; rub it into the stain for 30-60 seconds; rinse with warm water.
- Put some leftover hair dye on the stained areas of the skin, rub it in and use soap and a washcloth to wipe it off.
- Put a non-gel toothpaste on an old toothbrush and scrub the stain.
- Mix baking soda and dishwashing liquid (preferably one containing lemon) and apply it to the stained area and then rub and rinse off.
The Easier Way to Get Hair Dye Off Skin
The remedies mentioned above can be abrasive and irritate your skin with all of the scrubbing and exfoliation. Tub O’ Towels wipes have a special Bond Buster™ technology that allows you to get hair dye out of skin with little scrubbing. Our heavy duty wipes also contain skin softeners like aloe, lanolin and Vitamin E to leave your skin soft and fresh – and dye free. Here are the steps for an easier way to remove hair dye from skin:
- Grab a heavy duty Tub O’ Towels wipe.
- Wipe off the hair dye from hands and surface spills.
- Use additional wipes as needed.
About Tub O’ Towels
What makes Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes better than other wipes or home remedies? Here are four of the main areas that set our wipes apart:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: This proprietary additive breaks the bond between the skin and the hair dye so it’s easier to wipe away, without abrasive ingredients or scrubbing.
- Gentle Cleaning Agents: The Bond Buster™ technology and biodegradable blend of mild foaming agents, emulsifiers and detergents gently pulls the dye away from the skin. Our wipes also contain skin-softening ingredients to leave the affected area feeling fresh.
- More Durable Wipes: Our wipes are designed to handle even stubborn messes. They are made of a quilted, textured poly-blend material that won’t fall apart yet will still be gentle on your skin.
- VaporLock Technology: This technology prevents the cleaning solution from evaporating between uses, so Tub O’ Towels wipes are always ready when you need them.
The One Wipe for Hair Dye
If your at-home hair coloring turns into an at-home skin coloring, you now know how to get hair dye out of skin the easier way. Give Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes a try for a better way to clean up stains and spills. Find them on Amazon, our website and at many well-known retailers.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.