Candles have a way of turning ordinary occasions into something more special. They also have a way of leaving behind a hot mess if they accidentally drip melted candle wax on carpet. Fortunately, you can keep your cool when hot wax finds its way onto your carpet with Tub O’ Towels heavy duty cleaning wipes. Our wipes are designed to clean up all kinds of messes, even removing candle wax from carpet.
The Harder Way to Remove Candle Wax from Carpet
There are a variety of home remedies you’ll find online for how to remove candle wax from carpet. All involve multiple steps and a fair amount of elbow grease. Some are more involved than others, like this one: First, gather the supplies—a table knife, several ice cubes, a plastic bag, a vacuum cleaner, three or four brown paper bags cut in pieces large enough to cover the spill, an iron, rubbing alcohol, several white cloths, and plain household ammonia. Then, the cleaning and scrubbing begins:
1. Remove the surface wax by scraping with a table knife.
2. Place a few ice cubes in the plastic bag and set the bag over the stain to harden any remaining wax.
3. Wait a couple of minutes, then remove the ice pack and use the knife to pry up more wax.
4. Vacuum the spot to remove as much wax as possible.
5. Place a piece of the brown paper bag over the wax spill and run a warm iron over the paper.
6. Change to a clean paper and repeat until no more wax comes up.
7. If wax remains, repeat all of these steps.
8. To get rid of any stain left from the wax, pour a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol on one of the white cloths. Dab at the stain.
9. Change to a fresh rag repeatedly as the coloring transfers from your carpet to the fabric.
10. If the stain is still there, open the windows, then spray the stain with ammonia.
11. Turn on your iron’s steam setting, place a white rag over the spot and run the iron over it.
12. Change cloths. Repeat until the stain is gone.
13. Clean the area with plain, fresh water to lift away the ammonia.
14. Vacuum after it thoroughly dries.
The Easier Way to Remove Candle Wax from Carpet
As outlined above (in 14 steps), it can be a lot of work to remove wax from carpet. You could start buying candles that match the color of your carpet or switch to LED candles that don’t use wax. But, let’s be honest, the former isn’t really practical and you’d still have wax on your carpet and the latter just aren’t the same as real candles.
When you’re ready for the easier way to remove wax from carpet, grab your canister of Tub O’ Towels and get ready for the special Bond Buster™ technology to do the heavy lifting for you. Here are a few simple steps to clean candle wax:
1. Pull out a heavy duty Tub O’ Towels wipe.
2. Test wipe an inconspicuous patch of your carpet.
3. Gently remove the surface wax by scraping with a table knife.
4. Wipe the wax stain, allowing the cleaning solution to soak in and loosen the stain from the carpet fibers.
5. Use additional wipes as needed until the wax stain is gone.
About Tub O’ Towels
What makes Tub O’ Towels different from more complicated wax removal remedies? Here are some of the reasons why other cleaning options can’t hold a candle to Tub O’ Towels when it comes to removing candle wax:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: Tub O’ Towels wipes have a special additive built in that disintegrates the molecular bond between the stain and the surface, which means following many steps and heavy scrubbing won’t be necessary.
- No Harsh Chemicals: The bond busting technology means no harsh or dangerous chemicals are needed. Tub O’ Towels uses only biodegradable cleaning agents, emulsifiers, and foaming agents that are gentle on your carpet and your hands, but tough on candle wax and other stains.
- Wax on. Wax off: Our oversized wipes can handle any size mess. They’re evenly saturated with our proprietary cleaning solution and are durable so they’ll hold up when you’re cleaning.
- VaporLock Technology: Your wipes stay moist between uses thanks to a VaporLock seal in the canister, which means they’re always ready to go when you need them.
Time for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
Are you tired of dangerous chemicals and endless scrubbing? Why not try Tub O’ Towels Heavy Duty Cleaning Wipes today? We look forward to showing you why our wipes are the best of all!
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.