How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet
What’s your favorite nail polish color? Red, white, dark olive, fuchsia? Other? Unfortunately what looks great on fingernails, doesn’t look so great on carpet. Accidents do happen and carpet is often a magnet for those panic-inducing type of stains. But, fear not. There is an answer to that age-old question of how to get nail polish out of carpet—whether it’s still wet or even if it’s dry.
That answer: Tub O’ Towels. They’re the world’s hardest working wipes, formulated to tackle both everyday messes and the “I-can’t-believe-that-happened” messes.
The Harder Way to Clean Nail Polish off Carpet
The sooner you can get to the stain, the better. Searching for a solution online and then searching your home for the various suggested chemicals that might help takes valuable time. Here are just some of those chemicals that lay claim to being able to get nail polish out of carpet: non-acetone nail polish remover (acetone can damage and discolor carpet), hairspray, hydrogen peroxide (which acts like bleach, so use only on lighter-colored carpet), rubbing alcohol, window cleaner and carpet stain remover. Whatever chemical you choose, the steps to follow are similar:
- Use a clean dishcloth or paper towel to dab the spill to get excess polish off.
- Test the chosen chemical on an inconspicuous area of your carpet to make sure it won’t stain.
- Pour the chemical on the stain and start blotting.
- Scrub the area with soapy water, putting elbow grease into it. Rinse the sponge out and keep repeating until the chemicals are out of the carpet.
- Rinse the carpet with warm water.
- Dry your carpet with a dry towel or paper towel; use a fan if needed for further drying.
- For dried nail polish, first wet the stain with warm water and then follow steps 2-6.
The Easier Way to Clean Nail Polish off Carpet
Instead of scrambling to search for harsh chemicals to get nail polish out of carpet and then spending time scrubbing and scrubbing some more, you can reach for a canister of Tub O’ Towels wipes. Special Bond Buster™ technology gently lifts nail polish stains—whether wet or dry—with less exertion:
- Grab a heavy duty Tub O’ Towels cleaning wipe.
- Test wipe an inconspicuous patch of your carpet.
- Wipe the nail polish stain, allowing the cleaning solution to soak in and loosen the stain from the carpet fibers.
- Use additional wipes as needed until the stain is gone.
About Tub O’ Towels
Are Tub O’ Towels really different from other cleaning options? Yes. For several reasons, including:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: Our innovative additive breaks the molecular bond between the stain and the surface, so you can save your elbow grease for other cleaning projects.
- Gentle, Biodegradable Cleaning Agents: With Bond Buster technology, there is no need for harsh chemicals that can damage the environment, both inside and outside your home. A proprietary blend of biodegradable detergents, emulsifiers, and foaming agents starts working right away on cleaning nail polish off of carpet.
- Simple Slime Solution: Tub O’ Towels wipes are oversized to handle large spills and messes and they’re durable so they won’t fall apart when you need them. A quilted design ensures each wipe is covered with the special cleaning solution to easily wipe away stains without a lot of work.
- VaporLock Technology: Your wipes stay moist between uses thanks to a VaporLock seal in the Tub O’ Towels 90-count canister, which means they’re always ready to go to work.
Ready for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
Are you tired of dangerous chemicals and endless scrubbing? Why not try Tub O’ Towels Heavy Duty Cleaning Wipes today? We look forward to showing you why our wipes are the best of all!
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.