How to Clean Soap Scum off Shower Doors
Soap + hard water on shower doors = soap scum. That’s one equation that can be difficult to solve, leaving a haze on your shower doors. If left for a long time, it can be even more difficult to remove soap scum from shower doors and shower curtains. Or, it can be an easy equation to solve with Tub O’ Towels. Our heavy duty wipes are ideal for cleaning shower doors and much more.
The Harder Way to Clean Soap Scum off Shower Doors
There are a number of methods you can try to get soap scum off shower doors, and most of them have one thing in common—you’ll need a lot of elbow grease to eventually get rid of that soap scum. Here are a few methods you can try:
- Vinegar—in a spray bottle, mix 1 part white vinegar with 1 part grease-fighting dish soap. Spray the door, close it and wait 20-30 minutes. Use a cloth to scrub the surface and completely dry it. If the soap scum is really stubborn, you can try applying boiling vinegar (very carefully).
- Ammonia—wear rubber gloves and ventilate the bathroom. In a spray bottle, mix 1 part ammonia with 3 parts water, and spray the soap scum. Use a scrub brush to loosen the soap scum, and then rinse the surface clean.
- Borax or Baking Soda—mix both borax and baking soda with water to form a paste. Use a damp sponge to apply the paste. Scrub the surface and then rinse.
- Commercial Cleaners—spray on, let sit and then start scrubbing. Then scrub some more before rinsing off.
Note: Avoid cleaning the bathroom with vinegar or ammonia at the same time as a chlorine-based bleach. The fumes from ammonia or vinegar and bleach create a toxic environment.
The Easier Way to Clean Soap Scum off Shower Doors
Any of the methods mentioned above will eventually work, but they’ll take time and a fair amount of scrubbing. With its unique Bond Buster™ technology, Tub O’ Towels truly is the best soap scum remover for shower doors, getting the job done in just a few simple steps:
- Pull out a heavy duty Tub O’ Towels wipe.
- Wipe down the shower door from top to bottom, letting the solution lift away the soap scum.
- Use an additional wipe if needed until the soap scum is completely gone.
About Tub O’ Towels
What makes Tub O’ Towels different than other cleaning wipes, commercial cleaners and home remedies? Here are four reasons:
- Proprietary Bond Buster™ Technology: This innovative additive actually breaks down the molecular bond between the soap scum and the shower door, which eliminates the need for heavy scrubbing.
- Gentle Cleaning Agents: Our bond busting agent eliminates the need for harsh additives and eco-damaging ingredients. Tub O’ Towels wipes contain a gentle blend of foaming agents, emulsifiers and biodegradable detergents to lift away even tough stains.
- See Ya Soap Scum: Each wipe is durable so they won’t fall apart when you’re saying goodbye to soap scum. Save time and effort with these oversized wipes that feature a quilted, poly-blend material that is evenly soaked in our proprietary cleaning solution.
- VaporLock Seal: Your cleaning wipes won’t dry out between uses because each canister features a VaporLock seal to keep wipes at the ready.
Ready for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
When you need to know how to clean soap scum off shower doors, there’s only one right answer. Tub O’ Towels. Try them today and find out for yourself why ours are the best cleaning wipes on the market. They’re available on our website and a wide range of top retailers.