How to Clean Range Hood Grease
Home. Home on the range. Where the grime and the grease like to stay.
A range hood over the stove is nice to have for whisking away smoke and airborne droplets of grease when sautéing or frying on the stovetop—but grime can build up quickly and stick around if not cleaned regularly. Even if your stovetop isn’t used for much heavy duty cooking, crud will still collect and it can be really hard to remove. Cleaning range hood grease and grime doesn’t have to be a dreaded project that gets pushed aside. Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes are the best degreaser for a range hood because they quickly vanquish caked on crud—so the range hood is not dirty all day.
The Harder Way to Clean Range Hood Grease
If you do a little online research for how to clean grease off a stove hood, you’ll find a range (pun intended) of suggestions. They basically boil down to this: grab some rags or paper towels, a scrub brush, and some type of cleaner (dish soap, vinegar, baking soda, ammonia) and start scrubbing away. Or, open some windows for ventilation, put on chemical resistant gloves and spray a caustic degreasing cleaner on the filters and hood. But, first test the cleaner in an inconspicuous spot to make sure it won’t ruin the finish.
The Easier Way to Clean Range Hood Grease
Cleaning range hood grease will quickly move to the top of your to-do list with Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes, which are saturated with built-in Bond Buster™ technology. This unique technology quickly breaks down even the most caked on grime and grease so it can be wiped off without caustic chemicals or heavy scrubbing. Here’s how to clean a sticky range hood the easier way:
- Grab a heavy duty Tub O’ Towels wipe.
- Remove the range hood filter(s).
- Thoroughly wipe the filters, letting the range hood filter degreaser solution penetrate into the filter while you continue cleaning.
- Wipe the top and outside of the hood.
- Wipe the underside of the hood
- For caked on grime, let the cleaning solution sit undisturbed for a few minutes before wiping again.
- Use additional wipes as needed
- Wipe the filter again. You can rinse the filters in the sink or let them air dry.
About Tub O’ Towels
There are several reasons why Tub O’ Towels are the best degreaser for the range hood:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: Our cleaning solution includes this proprietary additive that busts the bond between the grease and the range hood at a molecular level, making it easier to wipe off grime.
- No Harsh Chemicals: Caustic chemicals might remove the grease, but they can release harmful fumes into your home while also being bad for the environment. The bond busting additive in Tub O’ Towels replaces harsh chemicals with biodegradable detergents, emulsifiers and foaming agents that safely dissolve grease.
- Durable Wipes:Our oversized, heavy duty wipes stay strong even when tackling caked on, sticky range hood dirt and grease. Each wipe is saturated with our exclusive cleaning solution so you won’t run out of cleaning power right in the middle of the job.
- VaporLock Technology:Canister sealing technology, called VaporLock, keeps wipes wet when stored so they’re always ready to go when you need them.
Time for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
Cleaning range hood grease doesn’t have to take a long time or involve a bunch of steps. Find Tub O’ Towels at leading retailers or through our website. Discover for yourself the best way to clean grease off of your stove hood, so you can spend less time cleaning your range and more time out on the range, where the skies are not cloudy all day (or wherever you choose).