Cleaning blinds probably isn’t at the top of your list for fun things to do. Unfortunately, it is a job that needs to be done periodically to remove built-up dust and grime, or even grease spots and greasy residue if the blinds are in your kitchen. Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes are ready for all kinds of dirty jobs, including when you are trying to figure out how to clean blinds.
The Harder Way to Clean Blinds
The first (harder) step to cleaning blinds – wood, plastic, metal, mini blinds – is to either remove excess dust by vacuuming with a soft, dusting brush attachment or dusting with a microfiber cloth, glove or duster. Start at the top and work down, moving from left to right. Vacuum any dust that falls to the floor when done dusting. That’s the easier part. For stuck-on dust and grime, many websites recommend giving your blinds a bath…literally. Here are the basic steps to clean mini blinds and plastic blinds using a bathtub:
- Put towels in the bathtub to protect it from scratching.
- Fill the tub with warm water and a squeeze of dish soap.
- Stir the water to dissolve the dish soap.
- Extend the blind fully and open the slats while still hanging.
- Remove the blind from the window.
- Place blinds in the tub, keeping the top rail over the side of the tub so it doesn’t get wet.
- Soak blinds for 20-30 minutes.
- Scrub blinds gently to remove stuck-on dirt, grease or stains.
- Drain the tub.
- Rinse the blinds with clean water.
- Lay the blinds out flat to dry.
- Let blinds thoroughly dry before re-hanging them on your window.
The Easier Way to Clean Blinds
Here’s how to clean blinds while hanging, without having to give them a bath – and how to clean wood blinds that can’t get wet. Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes with Bond Buster™ Technology wipe away dirt, grime and grease with minimal effort:
- Remove excess dust by vacuuming with a soft, dusting brush attachment or dusting with a microfiber cloth, glove or duster.
- Grab a Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipe.
- Wipe away the stuck-on dirt and grease stains, letting the cleaning solution lift away the mess.
- Use additional wipes if cleaning entire blinds.
About Tub O’ Towels
Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes have a number features that give them superior cleaning power that’s still gentle enough for your blinds:
- Unique Bond Buster™ Technology: This powerful additive actually breaks the bond between dirt and grime and the surface of the blind for easier cleaning without baths or hard scrubbing.
- Cleaning Agents without Harsh Chemicals: With a biodegradable mixture of gentle foaming agents, emulsifiers and detergents, plus aloe, vitamin E and lanolin, Tub O’ Towels gently lift away dirt, grease and stuck-on dust while being easy on your skin.
- Highly Durable: Each wipe features a poly-blend material that offers durability so it won’t fall apart while staying wet with the cleaning agents.
- VaporLock Technology: Seals each canister tightly so cleaning solution won’t evaporate between uses.
The One Wipe to Clean Blinds
Now that you know the easier way for how to clean blinds fast, pick up some Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes and keep your blinds out of the bathtub. Try them today to see why they’re a better cleaning solution.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.