If you are considering selling your car or are just tired of looking at a mess, it might be time to look under the hood and detail your engine. Car engines build up a great deal of dust, dirt, mud, grease, oil deposits, and corrosion over time, making this a truly tough job. Fortunately, Tub O’ Towels can help. Our heavy duty wipes are up to the challenge of even the dirtiest car engine.
How to Clean Car Engine (The Hard Way)
Cleaning a car engine the traditional way requires a great deal of elbow grease. Here are the steps:
- Disconnect the battery cables, starting with the negative cable.
- Use a wire brush and a baking soda and water paste to clean the corrosion from the battery and tray.
- Soak the battery cable ends in a clean can filled with a corrosion remover.
- Use a wire brush to scrub off any remaining corrosion.
- Use plastic bags to protect electrical parts of the engine including the computer, alternator, and distributor.
- Remove loose dirt and dust with a shop vacuum or compressed air hose.
- Spray down the engine, except the electrical parts, with a commercial engine wash.
- Let the cleaner sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly but carefully, avoiding the electrical components.
- Use a residue-free dry brake cleaner to gently wipe down the electrical parts.
- Clean the bare aluminum components with a corrosion remover and a wire brush.
- Go back over the aluminum components with a scratch-free cleaning pad and more corrosion remover if needed.
- Use a stiff bristle plastic brush to scrub down plastic parts.
- Go over the plastic parts again with a sponge dipped in soapy water.
- Carefully but thoroughly rinse the plastic components, and then dry with paper towels.
- Revisit any areas that are still stained with soapy water.
- Rinse thoroughly, making sure not to get water onto any electrical parts.
- Allow the engine to dry thoroughly before starting the car.
How to Clean Oil Off a Car Engine (The Easy Way)
Although the tried and true method detailed above will result in a shiny clean engine, it is extremely labor-intensive. Block out a long afternoon, and plan to get extremely dirty and tired along the way. Or let Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipes provide an easier, faster, less messy alternative to degrease your engine.
- Get a canister of heavy duty Tub O’ Towels wipes.
- Wipe down each component of the engine in turn, paying close attention to nooks and crannies.
- Use additional wipes as needed until the entire engine is clean.
About Tub O’ Towels
So what sets Tub O’ Towels apart from other cleaning wipes? A few things, as a matter of fact! Here is what you should know about our wipes:
- ExclusiveBond Buster™ Technology: Our wipes use a novel additive that actually dissolves the molecular bonds between surfaces and stains. This makes hard, repetitive scrubbing a thing of the past.
- No Harsh Chemicals: With our bond busting additive in the mix, Tub O’ Towels has no need for harsh, caustic chemicals. Our proprietary blend of gentle, biodegradable emulsifiers, detergents, and foaming agents simply lifts away even tough messes.
- More Durable Wipes: Our quilted, poly-blend wipes are oversized and evenly saturated with our cleaning solution. They are designed to stand up to the challenge rather than falling apart.
- VaporLock Technology: Each Tub O’ Towels canister features VaporLock technology to prevent evaporation between uses. When you need a cleaning wipe, Tub O’ Towels is ready for you.
Switch to a Better Cleaning Wipe!
Are you tired of dangerous chemicals and endless scrubbing? Why not try Tub O’ Towels Heavy Duty Cleaning Wipes today? We look forward to showing you why our wipes are the best of all!
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.