Painting is an exciting DIY project that the entire family can enjoy. However, it can also be messy. Even if you use drop cloths, odds are good that you will end up with at least a few drips on your wood floors. Thankfully, Tub O’ Towels can help. Whether you’re facing just one drop or an entire spilled paint can, our heavy duty wipes are engineered to remove even the toughest stains, including paint.
How to Remove Paint from Hardwood Floors (The Hard Way)
Hardwood floors are strong and durable, but they can easily be damaged by harsh solvents. There is a traditional process for removing paint from wood floors that moves sequentially from easier to harder actions. If you want to try it, here are the steps:
- Use a plastic putty knife to gently scrape up the paint. You can tap it gently with a hammer to break up the paint without scuffing.
- Use a pull scraper to carefully remove stuck paint from the gaps between floorboards as well as depressions in the wood grain. Pull scrapers are sharp, so be very careful and work slowly.
- Once you have removed as much paint as possible, warm the remaining paint with a hair dryer set on maximum for 10 to 20 seconds. Do not use a heat gun, which can damage the finish on the wood.
- Continue scraping and reheating as necessary until the paint is mostly gone.
- If the paint is latex, soak a clean, white rag in soapy water and scrub out the cracks and crevices.
- If the paint is oil-based, dampen a clean, white rag with mineral spirits and test wipe an inconspicuous spot. If the finish feels soft, downgrade to rubbing alcohol on a separate rag. Use the rag to scrub paint out of the cracks and crevices.
- If any stains remain, use a pull scraper to very lightly scrape off the surface layer of the finish in the affected area. Move slowly and be careful not to go all the way through the finish.
- Use a paintbrush to touch up the finish in the affected area.
How to Remove Paint from Hardwood Floors (The Easy Way)
As you can see, the traditional method of removing paint from hardwood floors is time and labor-intensive. That’s what really sets Tub O’ Towels apart. Thanks to our special Bond Buster™ technology, you can simply wipe away even stubborn paint stains with minimal elbow grease.
- Grab a Tub O’ Towels heavy duty wipe.
- Test wipe an inconspicuous spot on the wood.
- Wipe over the paint spill, letting the solution lift the paint away from the floor.
- Use additional wipes as needed until all of the paint is gone.
About Tub O’ Towels
So why are Tub O’ Towels so much different? We actually have four main features that set our products apart! Here’s why ours are the best cleaning wipes you can buy:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: Tub O’ Towels wipes feature a pioneering new additive that breaks the bonds between the stain and the surface at the molecular level. That means tough scrubbing is gone for good.
- No Harsh Chemicals: Our bond busting additive also means that our wipes don’t need environmentally damaging, harsh chemicals. Our eco-friendly combination of gentle detergents, foaming agents, and emulsifiers simply lifts away even tough paint stains.
- More Durable Wipes: Our heavy duty wipes are engineered to take on even the messiest challenges. Evenly coated with our proprietary cleaning solution, each oversized wipe is made of a quilted, textured, poly-blend material that wipes away stains rather than falling apart.
- VaporLockTM Technology: We seal our canisters with VaporLockTM technology, locking out the air that could cause evaporation between uses. Our products are there when you need them, from the first wipe to the last.
Ready for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
Are you ready to rid yourself of tough scrubbing and harsh chemicals for good? You’re invited to try Tub O’ Towels today. You can find our wipes on our website and in many top retailers. We look forward to earning your trust!