Tennis shoes and other daily wear shoes take a lot of abuse. Whether you are jogging on city sidewalks or traipsing through the woods, your shoes are constantly exposed to dirt, grime, and debris on the outside, and sweat on the inside. If your shoes happen to be white, you might feel like they will never truly look clean again. Fortunately, Tub O’ Towels is here to help. Our heavy duty wipes are engineered to remove the toughest stains, cleaning even white tennis shoes with ease.
How to Clean Tennis Shoes (The Hard Way)
The internet is packed with advice on how to clean Nikes, Vans, Converse, or other gym shoes. A quick Google search for “how to make white shoes white again” or “how to wash sneakers” will yield hundreds of results. Although the exact methods vary, here is a general look at how to remove stains from shoes, the hard way:
- Hold the shoes over a wastebasket and use a stiff brush to knock off loose dirt.
- Use a flat-blade knife to remove pebbles, gum, and other debris from the soles.
- Remove the laces and run them through the washing machine and dryer.
- Fill a deep sink or bucket with a mix of dishwashing liquid and warm water.
- Fully immerse the shoes and let them soak for at least one hour.
- Use an old, soft toothbrush to thoroughly scrub all outside surfaces of the shoes.
- Make a paste of baking soda, dishwashing liquid, and a little warm water, and use your fingers to thoroughly rub it into the insides of the shoes.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 as necessary until all dirt and grime is gone.
- Drain the sink and refill it with warm water.
- Soak the shoes in the plain water and use your hands to swish them around to remove soap.
- Drain the sink and thoroughly rinse the shoes under running water.
- Use a towel to blot dry the shoes as much as possible.
- Air dry the shoes in sunlight until they are completely dry.
How to Clean White Sneakers (The Easy Way)
Whether your sneakers are white or not, the above method works pretty well. However, it takes a long time and a lot of detailed scrubbing. That’s the Tub O’ Towels difference. All of our wipes feature our special Bond Buster™ technology, allowing you to wipe away even the toughest stains with minimal effort. Here’s how to get dirt, mud, and other stains out of white shoes, the easy way:
- Pull out a heavy duty Tub O’ Towels wipe.
- Test wipe an inconspicuous spot on the fabric of one shoe.
- Wipe all surfaces of each shoe, both inside and out, allowing the cleaning solution to simply lift away stains.
- Wipe the laces of each shoe.
- Use additional wipes if needed until both shoes are clean and fresh.
About Tub O’ Towels
Why is Tub O’ Towels so much different than the rest? Here are the key factors that make ours the best cleaning wipes you can buy:
- Exclusive Bond Buster™ Technology: Tub O’ Towels wipes contain a pioneering new additive that actually dissolves the molecular bond between the stain and the surface. That’s the secret to getting rid of hard scrubbing.
- No Harsh Chemicals: Our bond busting additive also lets us say goodbye to noxious, eco-damaging chemicals. Instead, our biodegradable conglomeration of foaming agents, emulsifiers, and detergents gently lifts away even tough ink stains.
- More Durable Wipes: Our oversized, heavy duty wipes are engineered to stand up to messes rather than falling apart. Each quilted, poly-blend, textured wipe is fully saturated with our proprietary cleaning solution.
- VaporLockTM Technology: We seal our canisters with VaporLockTM technology to prevent evaporation between uses. From the first wipe to the last, you can count on our products every time.
Looking for a Better Cleaning Wipe?
If you’re ready to say farewell to tough scrubbing and dangerous chemicals, we invite you to try Tub O’ Towels today. You can find our wipes on our website and in a variety of well-known retailers. Let us show you why ours are the best cleaning wipes on the market!